The State Licensing Boards Committee works with California Contractors State License Board, California Architects Board, and Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists to discuss issues of mutual interest and to promote partnerships that further our service to the public. This is a unique committee that brings together all disciplines of a project, including design, construction, inspection and occupancy. This committee provides a forum for discussion of pertinent topics and is a conduit for dissemination of information that overlaps the disciplines. The State Licensing Boards Committee strives to foster increased communication, sharing of ideas, advocacy and training topics for the benefit of all. The committee meets regularly and prepares a program for presentation to the membership at the CALBO Annual Business Meeting.
1. Remain connected with and improve communications with California Architects Board, Board for
Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, and Contractors State License Board (CSLB);
and when possible, leverage these connections to rally support for CALBO legislative and policy efforts.
2. Remain available to CALBO Board of Directors for review of projects, to work on assigned efforts,
and/or collaborate with other CALBO committees.
3. Complete the permitting information guide for home buyers.
4. Work with CSLB to monitor the C-46 vs. C-10 debate and CSLB policy regarding energy storage system
5. Assist CSLB in supporting their pilot program to Reduce & Combat Unlicensed Practice.
6. Work with CSLB to improve direct-line access to CSLB Enforcement for code officials using the CALBO