The State Licensing Boards Committee works with the California State Contractor’s Licensing Board, the Architect’s Board, and the Engineer’s Board to discuss issues of mutual interest, and to promote partnerships that further our service to the public. This is a unique committee that brings together all disciplines of a project including design, construction, inspection and occupancy. This committee provides a forum for discussion of pertinent topics and is a conduit for dissemination of information that overlaps the disciplines. The State Licensing Boards committee strives to foster increased communication, sharing of ideas, advocacy, and training topics for the benefit of all. The committee meets regularly and prepares a program for presentation to the membership at the CALBO annual meeting.
- Remain connected with an improve communications with the State Architects Board, Engineers Board, and Contractor Licensing Board; and when possible, leverage these connections to rally support for CALBO legislative and policy efforts.
- Remain available to CALBO Board of Directors for review of projects, to work on assigned efforts, and/or collaborate with other CALBO committees.
- Create permitting information for home buyers.
- Work with CSLB on a C-46 vs. C-10 study and policy regarding energy storage system installations.
- Assist CAB through conducting a survey to CALBO members regarding issues relevant to CAB.