Working with the California State Contractor’s Licensing Board (CSLB), the California Architect’s Board, and the Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, the CALBO State Licensing Boards Committee discusses issues of mutual interest and promotes partnerships to further our service to the public. This unique committee brings together all disciplines of a project including design, construction, inspection and occupancy. The Committee provides a forum for discussion of pertinent topics and is a conduit for dissemination of information that overlaps disciplines. The Committee works to increase communication, sharing ideas, advocacy and training topics for the benefit of all. The Committee meets via teleconference on a routine basis throughout the year.
1. Remain connected with and improve communications with California Architects Board, Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors, and Geologists, and Contractors State License Board (CSLB); and when possible, leverage these connections to rally support for CALBO legislative and policy efforts.
2. Remain available to CALBO Board of Directors for review of projects, to work on assigned efforts, and/or collaborate with other CALBO committees.
3. Complete the permitting information guide for home buyers.
4. Prepare a permit counter handout that differentiates the types of building permits general contractor and owner-builders are allowed to obtain, as well as the types of building permits each not allowed to obtain under CSLB licensing restrictions and California Law.
5. Work with CSLB to monitor the C-46 vs. C-10 debate and CSLB policy regarding energy storage system
6. Assist CSLB in supporting their pilot program to Reduce & Combat Unlicensed Practice.
7. Work with CSLB to improve direct-line access to CSLB Enforcement for code officials using the CALBO Website.
8. Work with CSLB with the progress and development of the new CSLB “B2″ licensing classification for nonstructural home improvements and ‘handyman services’.