2021 CALBO Mini-Education Week
Virtual and In-Person Registration Available
Did you know that over half of the courses offered at the upcoming Mini-Education Week are newly developed or recently updated for attendees?
Exactly like the Newport Beach Education Week this past December, CALBO is offering the ability to attend the Mini-Education Week courses either virtually or in-person from May 19-21, 2021. The CALBO Training Institute (CTI) compiled a variety of offerings to help train building department staff in the latest code changes, including accessibility, accessory dwelling units, electrical, permit technician, plan review, wildfire mitigation, and much more!
With both in-person and virtual training options available, don’t miss these courses - register today!
New Courses Include:
- Hot Topics in the 2019 California Building Code - Wednesday, May 19
- Understanding Access Law in California: Accessibility Statutory Case Law and Code Enforcement - Wednesday, May 19
- Essential Skills for Rising Leaders (ICC Featured Course) - Wednesday, May 19
- California Accessory Dwelling Units of Today and Tomorrow: What We’ve Seen and What’s to Come - Thursday, May 20
- 2019 California Building Code: Means of Egress Overview - Friday, May 21
Updated Courses Include:
- Safety Assessment Program: Evaluator and Coordinator Training - Wednesday, May 19
- Understanding Wildfire Mitigation, Response and Recovery - Wednesday, May 19
- Advanced Overview for Permit Technicians - Thursday, May 20
- Tenant Improvements for Building Department Staff - Thursday, May 20
- 2019 CBC Chapter 11B Accessibility in Public Buildings, Public Accommodations, and Commercial Buildings: History, Use and Updates - Thursday, May 20
- 2019 California Electrical Code: Residential and Commercial Inspection Procedures - Friday, May 21
- 2019 CBC Chapter 11A: Privately-Funded Multi-Family Dwelling Accessibility - Friday, May 21