The charge the CALBO State Code Committee is to review state agency proposals for code changes and amendments. The work of the Committee includes the review of proposed amendments to the model codes, in addition to California state specific codes and coordination with local and statewide affiliated organizations. The State Code Committee may work with state agencies on amendments and take positions on the proposed amendments in the state Code Advisory Committee meetings when necessary. The State Code Committee Chair will coordinate with the Building Standards Commission’s Coordinating Council and membership on matters of importance to the CALBO membership. Depending on the number of proposed state amendments, the Committee may meet more frequently. Committee meetings are conducted via teleconference.
- Collaborate with state agencies on code amendments.
- Coordinate with chair of CBSC’s coordinating council for code items on the CBSC hearing agenda.
- Collaborate with locate ICC Chapter code committees on State code recommendations.
- Provide recommendation to the CALBO Board of Directors on a process for coordinating and presenting California’s position on national standards and model code proposals.
- Create member resources of code related items from the CBSC, State Agencies, local ICC Chapters and local jurisdictions.