New ADU Course Coming Soon!
This NEW interactive course is an overview designed to provide additional knowledge, tools, and insight from California Department of Housing and Community Development (HCD) Accessory Dwelling Unit (ADU) program to clarify the nexus between local enforcement agencies and HCD. Be ready for what’s now and ahead!
Effective Implementation of Accessory Dwelling Units - 0.6 CEUs
- Wednesday, August 30, 2023 – Education Week Burlingame
- Wednesday, October 25, 2023 – Education Week Costa Mesa
What You’ll Learn:
- Effective use of HCD’s ADU Handbook.
- Legislative history of ADUs and the most recent laws effective as of January 1, 2023.
- Common terms, typologies, and exemptions.
- Important ADU topics: zoning, conversions, parking, impact fees, fire sprinkler, solar, manufactured homes, ordinances, and much more.
- Non-structural overview of ADUs and how to effectively implement following legal and regulatory parameters.