Building Officials Leadership Academy – Accepting Applications Now!
California Building Officials launches its seventh year of the Building Officials Leadership Academy (BOLA) taking place in Sacramento, California from Monday, April 15 – Friday, April 19, 2019.
Seeking to maximize the leadership capabilities of seasoned public safety professionals, in addition to those who seek a future within California’s building departments, BOLA provides executive level coursework along with networking opportunities among program peers and mentors to allow each participant the opportunity to utilize the program to its full potential.
The BOLA core curriculum consists of five consistent days of training. In addition, all BOLA participants are required to complete three elective courses offered at the CALBO Education Weeks each year. After a participant successfully completes all BOLA requirements, he or she will be recognized and honored at the CALBO Annual Business Meeting.
Academy Core Courses Include:
- Creating an Administrative Foundation for a Successful Building Department – 0.6 CEUs
- Budgeting and Finance for Building Officials – 0.6 CEUs
- Leadership and Advocacy Day at the State Capitol
- Persuasive Communication – 0.6 CEUs
- Critical Thinking for Today and Tomorrow – 0.6 CEUs
Academy Elective Courses Include:
- 2016 California Building Code: Significant Changes
- 2016 California Residential Code: Significant Changes
- State Laws Enforced by Building Departments
- Safety Assessment Program: Coordinator Training
- More courses to come!
Questions about the Building Officials Leadership Academy? Please contact the CALBO Office at 916-457-1103 or email@example.com.