California Building Officials launches its eighth year of the Building Officials Leadership Academy (BOLA) taking place at the International’s Code Council (ICC) Western Regional Office in Brea, California from Monday, May 18 – Friday, May 22, 2020.
Seeking to maximize the leadership capabilities of seasoned public safety professionals, in addition to those who seek a future within California’s building departments, BOLA provides executive level coursework along with networking opportunities among program peers and mentors to allow each participant the opportunity to utilize the program to its full potential.
The BOLA core curriculum consists of five consistent days of training. In addition, all BOLA participants are required to complete three elective courses offered at the CALBO Education Weeks each year. After a participant successfully completes all BOLA requirements, he or she will be recognized and honored at the CALBO Annual Business Meeting.
Academy Core Courses Include:
- Creating an Administrative Foundation for a Successful Building Department
- Budgeting and Finance for Building Officials
- Constituent Advocacy: Be an Effective Advocate for Your Jurisdiction
- Persuasive Communication
- Critical Thinking for Today and Tomorrow
Academy Elective Courses Include:
- 2019 California Building Code: Significant Changes
- 2019 California Residential Code: Significant Changes
- State Laws Enforced by Building Departments
- Safety Assessment Program: Coordinator Training
- More courses to come!
Questions about the Building Officials Leadership Academy? Please contact the CALBO Office at 916-457-1103 or email@example.com.