The CALBO Emergency Preparedness Committee works with related federal, state, regional and local agencies and organizations to enhance local government capacity and statewide emergency preparedness. This work becomes essential in the unfortunate times of disaster response and recovery. The Committee provides policy recommendations on related matters and creates tools and resources for the CALBO membership. The Committee meets via teleconference throughout the year.
- Improving the CBO’s understanding of their role before and during a declaration of emergency.
- Preparing disaster recovery guides and handouts for building officials to utilize.
- Utilizing the CALBO News and CESA Meetings to get our messaging out.
- Collect and Publish a list of COVID-19 resource websites for Building & Safety Operations.
- Promote a better understanding of the deployment of private engineers as SAP Evaluators.