2019 CALBO Education Weeks: New Course Highlights
Did you know that there are almost twenty newly developed courses offered this year at CALBO Education Weeks? The CALBO Training Institute (CTI) Commissioners and CALBO staff have worked tirelessly to develop courses that are not only technically insightful and proficient, but provide real-life experiences that building-safety department staff can encounter on a day-to-day basis. It is CTI’s goal to furnish building departments staff with tools to keep active and up-to-date on code changes and amendments, new technology, and advanced thinking on issues related to our industry.
Some of the new courses offered this year are:
- 2019 California Energy Code: Nonresidential Submittal Requirements (Half Day)
- 2019 California Energy Code: Residential Submittal Requirements (Half Day)
- 2019 California Nonresidential and Residential Energy Standards: Overview
- 2019 CBC Chapter 11B: Accessibility in Public Buildings, Public Accommodations, Commercial Buildings and Public Housing
- 2019 California Electrical Code: Overview
- 2019 Means of Egress: Overview
- Accessory Structures, Decks, Carports and Patio Covers
- An In Depth Review of Residential Fire Sprinkler Systems and Overview of Commercial Hood Suppression System
- Applying Accessibility Requirements to Alterations
- From Model Code to California Code Amendments and Adoption: The Code Development Process Explained
- Housing A to Z: Overview of Various Types of Accessible Housing
- Inspection for Solar Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems
- Plan Check for Solar Photovoltaic and Energy Storage Systems
- Plan Review of Residential Additions
- Simplified Structural Plan Review
- The Essentials for Permit Technicians
- Understanding Access Law in California: Accessibility, Statutory Case Law and Code Enforcement for Existing Public Accommodations
These are just a few of the many courses offered this year at CALBO Educations Weeks! Click the links below to see all the courses offered. We look forward to see you this Fall and Winter in Newport Beach, San Ramon, Ontario and Anaheim.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email the CALBO Office or call 916-457-1103.