The purpose of the Energy Commission (CEC) Advisory Committee is to provide input to the CEC on regulatory code development and implementation. Participation varies according to CEC activities. There may be from 4-15 workshops and commission hearings in Sacramento. The CEC publishes its standards development clearly through documents on its website. Some CEC Committee members review proposed standards language on the web and participate via emails with the chair.
2018-19 Energy Commission Advisory Committee Goals
- Collaborate with CEC staff and other organizations involved to reformat the Energy Code to be consistent with the other parts of Title 24.
- Continue to collaborate with CEC staff to reinstate the index in the Energy Code.
- Assist the CBSC Code Advisory Committee for Plumbing, Electrical, Mechanical, and Energy codes in the code development process, as needed.
- Write two articles on the committee progress for the CALBO News.
- Develop a handout explaining the residential PV requirements that have been approved for inclusion in the 2019 Standards.