With information and electronic tools evolving on a daily basis, the charge of the CALBO Innovation & Technology Committee shall be to link the membership to current technological advancements and innovations. Using the CALBO six-point policy and mission, members of the committee shall seek to encourage the technological evolution of the local building department.
- Develop a guide on how to prepare for, acquire and implement technologies in building & safety departments.
- Identify issues with the implementation of cloud-based permit systems.
- Develop paperless processes at building & safety departments.
- Present at Building & Safety Technologies held at the International Code Council Annual Conference on October 21, 2019.
- Explore innovative practice topics for CALBO Independent Offerings and News Article publications.
- Present on innovative practices (IPC 2019 final product) at the CALBO 58th Annual Business Meeting.