As building departments across the
state implement new procedures in order to adapt to the
COVID-19 pandemic, CALBO has also had to adapt. Instead of
meeting your peers at in-person independent offering
trainings, CALBO launched web-based trainings in late June for
your CEU needs. Since then, the CALBO Training Institute
has planned over a dozen webinars and close
to a thousand participants have attended with more and more
registering each day. With each completed webinar, we have
learned more ways to help membership reach their
training goals during these challenging times.
At the conclusion of every webinar, CALBO emails a course
evaluation to all participants to help improve course content,
teaching practices and the overall webinar experience. While
reading through each evaluation, we came across some great
advice in being the best webinar participant.
Tips for a successful webinar experience:
- 24 hours before the webinar, check your inbox (and spam
folder) for your webinar log-in directions and link.
If you can’t locate the email, please contact the CALBO Office.
system requirements (link is also in your login
directions email) to avoid any connection issues.
- Log-in about 5-10 minutes before the scheduled start
time, just in case any technical problems arise.
- Pick a quiet spot in your office or home while
taking the course.
- Grab a pad of paper and a pen before you sit down.
- Don’t forget to download and save the PDF webinar training
material when you log-in!
- Be an active participant – ask questions, either verbally
or in the question box.
- Critically think about quality questions that will benefit
not just you, but other participants.
For hypothetical questions, consider asking after the
- Don’t forget your coffee and water to keep you hydrated
Ready to test these tips and tricks? Visit the CALBO Webinar Training and Registration page to
register for a course today!